Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 7

On Day 1, I got all of my news from conservative news sources.  People have been very curious about that particular task because everyone wants to know what the other side says without actually subjecting themselves to their rhetoric.  I'm still often surprised at how hard it was for me to not snuggle into some Huffington Post, Blue Oregon or to start my morning with Thom Hartman.  I wondered if conservative news was better than no news at all.

On Day 7, I avoided news altogether.  On purpose.

I'm sure there have been days when I've not seen news, but generally I catch some a few times a day.  I found it astonishingly hard to avoid all news.  Some things just become habit, and usually when Ty and I finally both make it home at night we'll chat a bit about the day's happenings, and that was the hardest part.  Ty would start with "Did you hear.." and I'd have to stop him from saying whatever it was he was going to say.

At the end of the night, he just couldn't take it anymore and said "I hope this doesn't ruin your task for the day, but 10,000 more jobs were cut today."

I guess he's as much of a news junkie as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment