Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 6

I often wonder what the greatest joy of parenting is.  For today I've decided that the greatest joy is all of the laughing.  It's not that my daughter is a mini-Seinfeld, it's just that she laughs whenever she feels like it.  How refreshing.

On Day 6, Brynn and I played HyperDash and laughed for a good hour straight.

HyperDash is an electronic contraption, which I'm always skeptical of.  Electronic toys make a lot of noise, and while I don't expect my home to be silent, I also don't want to be slowly driven to madness by the dings and whooshes of some overpriced, battery operated doohickey.

Did I just say doohickey?

Right.  So Hyperdash is a game where you hold onto one part and then you spread out 5 bases, each with a different number and color.  When you push the start button on the part you hold, it tells you which color to tag and you run around the house seeing who can do the sequence the fastest.  If you go onto the more advanced levels it has special commands (Tag the color before last - then you have to remember what you've done previously), or it has you do basic math (Tag 5 minus 3).

As our daughter gets older, one of our biggest challenges is that we don't really have a place for her to run.  We live in a small condo with no yard, and while she can run around the parking lot, it's just not the same for a kid, but little games like this make our house feel not so limiting.

We've played every day since and we still laugh.  I give HyperDash two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment